CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

DJ and His Deployment to Afghanistan

I met DJ Becker about 6 years ago at the Owl and Thistle, actually the same night I met Mike. DJ is a great friend of Mike's and has become a great friend of mine. He is a part of our wedding party but unfortunatly won't be able to attend the wedding due to his deployment to Afghanistan. I get choked up thinking about one, him being deployed, two his committment to our country and three how much we are going to miss him while he is gone. Our wedding won't be the same without him. In this picture is his lovely and beautiful wife Isabella who is greatly missing him already. Please keep them both in your thoughts and prayers as his journey begins. Feel free to follow DJ's Blog as his journaling of the experience is really cool. He is currently in training before he deploys to Afgganistan. We love you DJ! Godspeed.

2 comments:

Cate said...

I wish he could be there for your wedding. I am always grateful for those brave men and women who serve our country and keep us safe. Good luck DJ!

Kimberly said...

Oh gosh Leah, I can't believe DJ is being deployed. He will for sure be in my thoughts and prayers daily!!